At the time of borrowing, the users are requested to show their ID cards for borrowing books.
• All the faculty members of the university can register themselves for the membership of the library and borrow the books
• Regular books may be borrowed for and one month by staff members.
• Reference books , journals and Video Cassettes may not be borrowed
• Reservation of library material can be made through online public access catalog (OPAC)
• Loss of borrowed books should be reported to librarian immediately.
• Loss of library cards to be informed immediately to the librarian.
• The cards are not transferable and should be returned to the library at the time of leaving the institute.
• Any loss to the library through the misuse of cards will be recovered from the owner of the cards.
• If a book which has been borrowed by a faculty is urgently required, the library may call back the book from the faculty.
• Book must be returned on or before the due date.
• If a book is not returned on the due date, the borrower will have to pay an overdue charge.
• Repeated failure to return of books on time may lead to denial of borrowing facility.
• Before borrowing a book, the users should make sure that the book is in good condition.
• The borrower is fully responsible for the books borrowed in/her account.
• The library may recall a book at any time before its due date. Overdue charges may be increased for failure to return a book when it is due or recalled.
• The borrower shall be responsible for loss or damages caused to the library material borrowed. They shall be required to replace or pay double the cost of such material including overdue charges.
• Penalty will be levied for marking/scribbling the pages and tampering the barcode labels.
Issue Details and Duration
|Category of Members||No of Books allowed||Duration of issue|
|Dean & HODs||7||3months/ one semester|
|Teaching faculty (completion of one year)||7||1 month|
|Teaching faculty (new appointment)||3||1 month|
Postgraduate & Research Scholars
· Books issued to you can be renewed unless they are reserved by someone else. You need to bring the books to the library for getting them re-issued.
· Renewals over the telephone, oral instructions, or written communications will not be entertained.
· A library user can reserve a book currently out on loan by requesting staff at the Circulation Counter.
· Notifications for availability of reserved books are placed on the Library notice board.
Overdue charges at the rates mentioned below are the charged for late return of the books:
First week - Rs. 10/ per day
Second week - Rs. 20/ per day
The Library follows Open Access System. The reading materials are arranged in two classes: The General Collections and the Reference Collections. New books acquired are displayed for a week. After display these “new arrivals are put into circulation. Books are shelved according to call Numbers. When a book is requested by a user, call number and accession number must be correctly ascertained from the database available on the “Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). The stack room is provided with classification numbers for book location.