Other Library Policies
· Be the knowledge hub of the university and disseminate knowledge as widely as possible.
· Ensure optimum utilization of the resources available in the library.
· Ensure easy access to the facilities available to all staff and students.
· Encourage and foster reading habit among staff and students.
· Effectively participate in the teaching-learning programmes of the university.
· Serve as the center of information for the University and provide easy access to national and global knowledge to all staff and students.
· Improve the collection and services on a continuing basis in consultation with users/ stakeholders.
The Library follows Open Access System. The reading materials are arranged in two classes: The General Collections and the Reference Collections. New books acquired are displayed for a week. After display these “new arrivals are put into circulation. Books are shelved according to call Numbers. When a book is requested by a user, call number and accession number must be correctly ascertained from the database available on the “Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). The stack room is provided with classification numbers for book location.